Hello! As you might have noticed, I haven’t done my 2018 Wrapup Post™ yet. At this rate it’ll probably be in your hands by, ohh, um, 2030? Or never.
Anyway, that’s not the point. I’m going to tell you my reading + blogging-related goals for January to March, as well as some really generic life-ish goals. Hopefully I’ll remember to update you at the end of March. xD
Note: all of these goals are extremely vague / not set in stone, so I’m not going to be mad at myself at all if I don’t meet them. 😛
- Read less. I know, odd goal. But I read too much for the amount of homework I have. I’d like to read no more than 25 books a month for this quarter instead of a book or two every day.
- Buddy-read more. So I buddy-read with my friend Maddy a book series called Christy Miller, and it was super fun! I loved fangirling with her about… everything, and it’s definitely something I’d love to do more in the future. If anyone’s interested in buddy-reading a book together, let’s chat!
- Read five historical fiction books for fun. By “for fun” I mean not for review. 🙂 Let’s be honest… I’m really not looking forward to this one. xD I kinda really dislike historical fiction most of the time, but I can’t just wallow on my contemporary fiction shell. 😛 Gotta spice it up, amiright? So, historical fiction books this quarter, and maybe science fiction or dystopia next time.
- Knock 20 books off of my TBR list. So my TBR was at 300, and then I shortened it to 80. Now to shorten it further. 😉
- Get more people into the Inkreaders group! Come on, y’all. It doesn’t involve any commitment at all- it’s not like read 3000 books a month or anything like that. No challenges. XD
- Review two books once a month on this blog. Right now, I’m reviewing books about twice a week on another blog, but I’d like to bring book reviews back to life on this one (har har). xD but tell me- do YOU like book reviews? Do you like seeing them on this blog?
- I’d love to get to a subscriber / follower milestone– 100, 125, 150, I don’t really mind. (I’m sorry, I know this is super vague xD) Right now I’m just past the 75 mark- at 78.
- I’d love to do some more author interviews. I’ve published two collaborations so far and have a couple more lined up, and while they’re fun, they’re not really what I have in mind for this blog. I mean, I’ll still do them… just maybe like once every couple of months instead of every month-ish. I’m thinking of steering in a different direction- like doing more guest posts or author interviews.
- Actually comment and interact on people’s blogs. Okay, I’ll admit… I’m horrible at this one. *hides* I have some dedicated followers who comment each time I post (Grace, Nicole, talking to you <3), and I LOVE YOU PEOPLE. YOU’RE THE BEST. Y’all can be my examples.
- Post a little more consistently on my design blog. Er, yeah, about this… I’m kinda not doing so well with this goal so far. I did just post yesterday, but that post was after two? months of not posting at all. xD
- er… exercise more. Specifically endurance runs. I’m on an Ultimate Frisbee league that requires many, many sprints during a long period of time, and I NEED THAT ENDURANCE. Which I’m lacking at the moment, might I say (if you notice a panting almost-dead girl on the field, it’s probably me). For now, I’d like to get up to 10 points for Paul’s Drill (if you know what that is xD).
- drink more water. Okay, I’m the MOST dehydrated person on planet Earth, I’m sure. XD Seriously- I drink less than a cup of water a day. Tell me that that isn’t healthy. I’d like to boost it up to 3 cups and then slowly bring it up. Hopefully.
- take care of dental hygiene very well. Let’s be honest… I strongly dislike this one. But I HAVE TO DO IT AND I’M DETERMINED TO DO IT.
- play more piano… for fun. I love playing piano, but because I have a lot going on most of the time, I normally don’t play piano just for fun. Normally when I play piano, it’s to practice for an upcoming class or recital or something.
Well, those are my reading / blogging / vague life-y goals for January to March! I hope I’ll be able to knock most of them off, but if not, no biggie dealie. *shrug*